Tonight I’m going to impart the knowledge I’ve learned over the last week since I began my 21 Day Fix journey. So, it’s not a lot, yet, I feel excited that I’ve learned anything. I’ve said this isn’t just about losing weight…and it’s not…I guess deep down I thought the numbers were really what I was hoping for. But, guess what? Sometimes the journey teaches you other things. My list of learnings!
- I. Hate. Chocolate Shakeology. There. I said it. I’m un-American because I don’t like something chocolate. In my defense, chocolate isn’t really my home boy, anyhow. Unless it is wrapped around peanut butter in the shape of an egg.
- I’m luke warm about the vanilla Shakeology. Hopefully I will figure out the right mix for the fix, because I really want to make this work. And while I don’t have a deep relationship with chocolate…I do love vanilla. So, fingers crossed our relationship is just in the awkward “getting to know you” stage.
- I, Kristin Francis, absolutely LOVE strawberry Shakeology. I mixed it with a banana, ice, almond milk and voila, the perfect breakfast smoothie! Yummy. Every last drop. See, I’m not just a hater!
- I will not continue with Shakeology once I’m done with the initial 21 Day box. Why? Well, see #1 and 2. I feel like I can (hopefully) manage my diet better at all meals. I’m already eating less, quitting when I’m full, and I find I’m able to say no to the extras.
- I ate 2 Reece’s Peanut Butter Eggs today. I just couldn’t say no…not this one time. I’m so-so about the regular cups, but the eggs…more PB and less chocolate. And my oldest bought them for me. How could I turn them down? And since the Fix began, I’m finding I don’t beat myself up.
- I hate working out at home. I’m enjoying the videos and Autumn is a blast, but I hate doing it at home. Perhaps it’s because I love going to The Hub. I enjoy the equipment and the treadmill and the bike. I know, I’m strange. So, while I will continue the videos on occasion, especially the ab fix, I will go back to the gym.
- I lost 2 pounds this past week. Even with my goofs and the day of doing nothing positive. I still feel like I look better and I KNOW I feel better. Today, I did over 7000 steps and 9 flights of stairs and I never once felt winded.
- This journey is about so much more than weight. It’s about feeling better. Feeling more confident. Being positive. Feeling like a better mom and wife. Being a more positive coworker. Being a positive therapist. It’s about being the best version of me that I can be.
- Finally, I’ve learned that all of these things are worth it. Had I never lost control of my weight, I would have never realized just who I want to be.
I really hope you join me in your own journey. No matter what it is. Have a great night.