Tonight I’m going to impart the knowledge I’ve learned over the last week since I began my 21 Day Fix journey. So, it’s not a lot, yet, I feel excited that I’ve learned anything. I’ve said this isn’t just about losing weight…and it’s not…I guess deep down I thought the numbers were really what I was hoping for. But, guess what? Sometimes the journey teaches you other things. My list of learnings!
- I. Hate. Chocolate Shakeology. There. I said it. I’m un-American because I don’t like something chocolate. In my defense, chocolate isn’t really my home boy, anyhow. Unless it is wrapped around peanut butter in the shape of an egg.
- I’m luke warm about the vanilla Shakeology. Hopefully I will figure out the right mix for the fix, because I really want to make this work. And while I don’t have a deep relationship with chocolate…I do love vanilla. So, fingers crossed our relationship is just in the awkward “getting to know you” stage.
- I, Kristin Francis, absolutely LOVE strawberry Shakeology. I mixed it with a banana, ice, almond milk and voila, the perfect breakfast smoothie! Yummy. Every last drop. See, I’m not just a hater!
- I will not continue with Shakeology once I’m done with the initial 21 Day box. Why? Well, see #1 and 2. I feel like I can (hopefully) manage my diet better at all meals. I’m already eating less, quitting when I’m full, and I find I’m able to say no to the extras.
- I ate 2 Reece’s Peanut Butter Eggs today. I just couldn’t say no…not this one time. I’m so-so about the regular cups, but the eggs…more PB and less chocolate. And my oldest bought them for me. How could I turn them down? And since the Fix began, I’m finding I don’t beat myself up.
- I hate working out at home. I’m enjoying the videos and Autumn is a blast, but I hate doing it at home. Perhaps it’s because I love going to The Hub. I enjoy the equipment and the treadmill and the bike. I know, I’m strange. So, while I will continue the videos on occasion, especially the ab fix, I will go back to the gym.
- I lost 2 pounds this past week. Even with my goofs and the day of doing nothing positive. I still feel like I look better and I KNOW I feel better. Today, I did over 7000 steps and 9 flights of stairs and I never once felt winded.
- This journey is about so much more than weight. It’s about feeling better. Feeling more confident. Being positive. Feeling like a better mom and wife. Being a more positive coworker. Being a positive therapist. It’s about being the best version of me that I can be.
- Finally, I’ve learned that all of these things are worth it. Had I never lost control of my weight, I would have never realized just who I want to be.
I really hope you join me in your own journey. No matter what it is. Have a great night.
Yesterday my coworkers and I went to eat. I ordered a hamburger with bacon…if you know me…I could LIVE on bacon. And I ordered fries. And a Coors Light. And I ate 3 little toast triangles from someone else appetizer. Ugh, I am such a failure. Oh yeah, then I had a chocolate-tini. I’m not even a big chocolate lover, but it sounded good. Plus, it had a ginormous glob of whipped cream.
What. Was. I. Thinking? In my defense, I only ate half the burger and fries. Then I came home, slept for 3 hours, got back up and watched television with Hubs. I didn’t exercise. Not rocking the 21 Day Fix, right?
I should feel horrible. But, I don’t. Why? Because I’m human. I’m not going to drink Shakeology forever (sorry, Stacie). I won’t do the videos forever (again, sorry.) Yes, I will do them, just not daily. And you know what? That is okay. I got up this morning and got on the scales…really dreading the results. Guess what? Exactly the same as Thursday. I’m still down 2 pounds. Could I be down more? Probably, but just losing two makes me happy.
So, this morning, my momma and I went to The Hub. It’s her birthday, but she went anyway. I trekked a mile on the treadmill to get my heart rate up, did about 45 minutes of weight training, then another mile on the treadmill. To cool down, we walked a couple of laps around the track. I got a good sweat and I feel better than ever and even more motivated to keep up the hard work.
While I don’t recommend cheating on the 21 Day Fix, I know myself well enough to know I couldn’t beat myself up. I had to pick myself up, dust myself off, and keep moving forward. I feel better already from just one week of this plan. Tomorrow I will get up, drink a shake, and get my Fix on!
Happy weekend everyone!
So, today is actually Day 1 of my 21 Day Fix. Yesterday I thought I would jump-start with an awesome workout at The Hub. Then, as if that wasn’t enough, I went ahead and did the 10 minute Ab Fix. This morning, I could definitely feel it.
I made a Chocolate Minty Shakeology (um, the recommended amount of peppermint extract was WAY too much for me), but I was off to a healthy start. Add in a super healthy lunch and a healthy dinner, I was ready for my Day 1 workout. Total Body Cardio Fix.
Well…I’m sore…everywhere. And I do mean…EVERYWHERE! Arms, legs, abs…but, I finished the day nonetheless. I will accomplish something. Perhaps I will have a big weight loss. Perhaps not. But at the very least…I will firm up at least some and I will continue on this journey of being healthy.
Life is too short to take your health for granted. I thought I would always be a Size 2. Now I’m less worried about the numbers and more excited to feel good and healthy and enjoy my life. I have a good one, so may as well live it to the fullest!
See you soon!